Friday, July 15, 2011

Color scheme help. What color should I paint walls?

So I'm moving into my mom's basement to help her out and I need to repaint her walls. Someone gave me dark cherry flooring that's a floating floor. The floor might not be enough to cover the entire basement floor so I'm gonna probably buy either a remnant of carpet or a area rug. I just ordered a couch and chair that are black leather with white stitching to go in a corner. It's a pretty big basement. My problem is that I don't know what color to paint the walls that will compliment the flooring. Before I was given the floor, I was gonna do a dark brown called Golden Bronze by Glidden but now I'm thinking of a lighter brown. Either way, I'm gonna paint the trim an off white or cream color. So which color should I choose: darker brown or a lighter tan colored brown?

No comments:

Post a Comment